- At St Joseph's we complete DT throughout the year, usually in the Spring and Summer Terms.
- There are 2 strands to the DT Curriculum: Design and Technology and Cooking and Nutrition.
- In Design and Technology, the children will research existing products, plan and design their own product, make a product and then evaluate it.
- In Cooking and Nutrition, the children will learn about where our food comes from, the importance of a balanced diet, look at existing products, plan and make their own food and also evaluate it. UKS2 also design packaging for their chosen product.
- Each year group will make something different and it usually links to other lessons in their curriculum.
- Design and Technology is fantastic for children to be creative, get hands on and be proud of what they have made.