At St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, all students study Physical Education. We believe that an understanding of Physical Education is important for all children, regardless of their age or stage of learning. As well as learning about different skills in each sport/game children also learn how to keep themselves fit and healthy for later life. Our aim is to improve children’s lives through sport and physical activity by:
- Encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle to improve behaviour, concentration and academic success.
- Deliver enjoyable, structured and well-planned activities for all children
- Provide a safe, enthusiastic and friendly environment in which to learn
- Monitor and evaluate success and provide feedback in order to improve
The subject leader for PE is Mrs Corfield supported by Mr Davies from Central Coaching and Sports Academy, who delivers our PE sessions across school.
Find out more about PE at St. Joseph's by clicking on the links below.
School Games Mark
We are proud to say that this year St Joseph's Catholic Primary School has achieved the Gold award for our excellent PE curriculum and extra- curricular offering to pupils.
See below for our certificate
PE curriculum progression overview
Central Coaching and Sports Academy are a team of professional, qualified and enthusiastic sports coaches who provide high-quality, progressive and inclusive programmes of sport, dance and gymnastics to schools and communities across the UK. Our ultimate mission is to improve children’s and young adult’s lives through sport and physical activity.
Our extra-curricular activities are accredited with the Birmingham Children’s University , in order to help raise aspirations and self confidence amongst the children who engage in our programmes of sport dance and gymnastics. We give your child the opportunity to participate in a year-round diverse sporting calendar, from football and dodgeball to circus skills and adventure activities!
Our after school activities not only teach children new skills and techniques, but also focus on our five core values. These clubs can take place as part of breakfast, lunchtime and after-school activities, which are all affordable and varied to include as many children as possible.
Whole company objectives
In order for us as a company to fulfil our role as coach, teacher and role model to children and young adults, we adhere to the following key company objectives:
• Provide the children of schools and local communities with an
opportunity to enhance their social and life skills through sport
• Encourage a healthy and active lifestyle to improve behaviour,
concentration and academic success
• Deliver enjoyable, structured and well-planned activities for all
• Provide a safe, enthusiastic and friendly environment in which
• Monitor and evaluate success and provide feedback in order to
• Work alongside teachers and community figures to instil core
values amongst children and young adults
• Provide a continual, professional development plan for all
coaches in order to keep programmes interesting and innovative
• Ensure the safety and welfare of all children and young adults
within our care
We distinguish ourselves from other sports providers due to our reliability and quality of service. Not only do we provide sports coaching, we also assume the role of a teacher in a school environment to ensure children are receiving high-quality provision across all four areas of National Curriculum PE