Our Spring 1 topics are 'Winter' and 'Chinese New Year
RE - We follow 'Learning & Growing as the People of God'
- Christmas - Mary the Mother of Jesus
- Baptism - My Name
- Lent - Jesus & his Father
In Literacy we will look at the following texts:
- Know that the last number reached when counting a small set of objects tells you how many there are in total ('cardinal principle').
- Extend and create ABAB patterns-stick, leaf, stick
Shape, Space and Measure
- Understand position through words alone-for example "The bag is under the table with no pointing.
Understanding of the World
The Natural World
- Show care for living things
- Talk about observations of nature – plants, animals, natural found objects
- Understand growth and decay over time
- Notice changes in the seasons
People, Cultures and Communities
- Discuss special events and celebrations in their own family.
- Know some things that makes them unique.
- Talk about similarities and differences between their lives and the lives of others.
We will be following the Ten Ten Programme of Study.
Expressive Arts & Design
Creating with Materials
Winter tree finger painting
Making the chinese new year zodiac animals
Chinese New Year lanterns
Being Imaginative and Expressive
- Role Play Area - Stable
- Role Play Area - Den Building
- Role Play Area - Baptism
- Actions to our story texts
- Nursery Rhymes & Songs
- The Grand Old Duke of York
- The Wheels on the Bus
- Jack and Jill went up the hill
- 5 Currant Buns
- Dr Foster