Our latest amazing musical achievement!!!!
Years 2 - 6 have been awarded distinctions from their exam work with the London College of Music!
The London College of Music Examinations (LCME) was established in 1887 and is one of the longest-established exam boards for the creative arts in the UK and the only one that is part of a leading British university, the University of West London.
Each year group was examined at different levels, from Ensemble Step 2 for Year 2 students through to Ensemble Level 4 for Year 6, and they required every child to learn to play a variety of instruments, such as keyboards, steel pans, drums, glockenspiels and the ukulele, as well as a range of other percussion instruments, then classes then had to work together to play as a whole class band.
For the exams the children played a medley of songs by different artists, including the Beatles, Ed Sheeran and Queen.
We are extremely proud that the children have all achieved such high standards in music!
Click on the link to read about us in the Express and Star!
St Josephs' has been awarded the Music Mark!
Smiles all round as St Josephs after being becoming a 'Music Mark School' in recognition of a commitment to providing high quality music education for all our children. What a fantastic achievement!
Music Mark Schools are committed to providing a high-quality music education for their school community.
Schools must show
- evidence of a willingness to engage in development conversations related to improving music provision
- recognition of the value of music education as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- a strategy for music in place which provides for all children
Music Mark’s members recognise that music has a value in and of itself. The pursuit of learning to sing/play an instrument, learning to compose, learning to listen critically and the myriad of other musical skills are valuable in their own right. This is then demonstrated by:
- music enabling increased behaviours for learning
- music boosting children and young people’s social development
- music fostering team work
- music building life skills
- music encouraging creativity and critical engagement
- music being fun and for everyone
At St Josephs we are so fortunate to work with Rock It Music who deliver outstanding music lessons each week, which the children love!
Advice for Parents