St Josephs' has been awarded the Music Mark!
Smiles all round as St Josephs after being becoming a 'Music Mark School' in recognition of a commitment to providing high quality music education for all our children. What a fantastic achievement!
Music Mark Schools are committed to providing a high-quality music education for their school community.
Schools must show
- evidence of a willingness to engage in development conversations related to improving music provision
- recognition of the value of music education as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- a strategy for music in place which provides for all children
Music Mark’s members recognise that music has a value in and of itself. The pursuit of learning to sing/play an instrument, learning to compose, learning to listen critically and the myriad of other musical skills are valuable in their own right. This is then demonstrated by:
- music enabling increased behaviours for learning
- music boosting children and young people’s social development
- music fostering team work
- music building life skills
- music encouraging creativity and critical engagement
- music being fun and for everyone
At St Josephs we are so fortunate to work with Rock It Music who deliver outstanding music lessons each week, which the children love!
Advice for Parents