In our English lessons this half term we are reading:
During this unit of work we will be writing:
A setting description
An explanation text
In our maths lessons this half term we are learning about:
- Money – knowing the values of coins, adding money and finding out change.
- Word problems – applying our knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Shape – 2D and 3D
Our Science unit for this half term is ‘Habitats’. Children will understand the characteristics of living things and develop their knowledge of food chains. They will learn about different types of habitats and think about how animals have adapted in order to survive in their habitat.
In History this half term, we are learning about ‘Queens’ where children will develop their understanding the role of a Monarch. They will learn about the reign of Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria, as well as compare similarities and differences between them.
In RE this half term we will be learning about:
- Lent - Children will develop their knowledge and understanding of the Season of Lent and the importance of the theme of forgiveness during this time.
- Holy Week - Children will develop their knowledge and understanding of the events of Holy Week including Psalm Sunday, the Last Supper and the Crucifixion.
This half term children be exposed to a variety of different skills on the full range of classroom instruments (Drum Kit, Keyboard, Glockenspiel, Melodica).
The children will learn to understand and respond to simple classroom instructions through games. They will learn the names of school bag objects and recognise if they are masculine or feminine.. They will also learn vocabulary for classroom items and understand that every French noun is either ‘masculine’ or ‘feminine.’
During this half term, children will learn about data and information. Children will begin to understand what data means and how this can be collected in the form of a tally chart. They will learn the term ‘attribute’ and use this to help them organise data. Children will explore how to present data in the form of pictograms and block diagrams.
During PSHE this half term we will be focusing on:
- British Values
- Special people in their lives
- Treating others how they want to be treated
- The importance of saying sorry
In PE this half term children will be studying Tennis with Mr Davies. Children will develop their hand-eye coordination through throwing and catching a tennis ball. They will focus on manipulating a ball on the floor through use of a racket in small sided floor tennis games and begin to hit the ball with some control as it is bouncing.
Children will need their PE kit in school on Wednesday and Friday.