Our Summer 2 topics are 'Summer' and 'Pirates'
RE - We follow 'Learning & Growing as the People of God'
- God's Family
- Special Celebrations
In Literacy we will look at the following texts:
We will also be learning some Seaside Poems.
- Solve real world mathematical problems with numbers up to 5.
- Compare quantities using language: 'more than". fewer than
- Notice and correct an error in a repeating pattern.
- Begin to describe a sequence of events, real or fictional using words such as first then.
Shape, Space and Measure
- Combine shapes to make new ones-an arch, a bigger triangle etc.
Understanding the World
Past & Present
- Begin to understand that some things happened a long time before they were born.
People, Culture & Communities
- Show an interest in the occupations and ways of life of others.
The Natural World
- Show care for living things
- Play with small world models of farms, trains, garages.
- Talk about observations of nature – plants, animals, natural found objects.
- Understand growth and decay over time.
- Notice changes in the seasons.
- Talk about why things happen and how things work
We will be following the Ten Ten Programme of Study.
Expressive Arts & Design
Creating with Materials
Being Imaginative and Expressive
- Role Play - Seaside Shop & Pirate Ship
- Actions to our story texts
- Nursery Rhymes & Songs
- Zoom, zoom, zoom
- London Bridge is falling down
- Teddy bear, teddy bear
- The big ship sails
- Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
- 5 little men in a flying saucer