Here are some ideas and activities that you can do with your child to support their learning in school.
- Reception children should read their 1000 stories books and phonics book each day.
- Practise their phonic sounds with them using the little green book and any phonics sheets that are sent home.
- Read our Talk for Writing book together - Stick man
- Play a phonics game from the websites given (Useful website links)
- This half term we have been focussing on sorting objects by colour in maths so you could create games and activities to support this at home.
- Writing and reading numbers to 10
- Counting in sequence to at least 10
Topic - Celebrations/ Autumn
- Go out on an Autumn walk - what do they see, hear and notice about the trees, leaves and weather.
- Make an Autumn picture using leaves and other Autumn items.
- Talk with your child about celebrations that will be happening soon such as Bonfire night, Christmas and Diwali.
- Make a firework picture using chalk or paint and different types of brushes and techniques.