In our English lessons we will be using the text 'The Iron Man'
We will have a fiction focus on setting descriptions and a non-fiction focus on informal letter writing.
We will be learning about the following:
- prepositional language
- empathetic language
Our Quality Text
In Guided Reading, we are studying the book 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl We will be looking at characters and themes in the book but also answering comprehension questions using our VIPERS scheme.
Our Quality Text
Ten weekly spellings are given to the children on a Monday. These are glued into their planners so they can practise them at home as part of their homework. There is a spelling test each Monday. Children are encouraged to learning all spellings. These include repeated practice of the Year 3 & 4 statutory spellings.
In our maths lessons this half term we are learning about:
- Picture Graphs and Bar Graphs
- Quick recall of the 3, 4 and 8 & 9 times-tables (as well as the 2, 5, and 10 times-tables the children have already learned in Year 1 and 2)
In RE we will be learning the following units:
Unit I - Easter
Unit J - Pentecost
This half term we will learning about Plants
The children will be learning the following:
This half term we will be completing a unit of work on 'Ancient Civilisations' & 'Ancient Egypt'
We be learning the following:
- Ancient Civilisations and seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
- Ancient Egyptian rulers & King Tutankhamun.
- Ancient Egyptian society.
- River Nile, travel and trade.
- Pyramid legacy
- Ancient Egyptian beliefs.
In our Computing lessons this half term we will be covering the following:
- Online Safety
- Branching Database
In Our RSHE lessons we will be following the 'Ten Ten' programme of study. We will be completing Module