Spring Week 2 w.b.11/01/21
Year 3 - Monday 11th January
1. We may not be able to be all together at the moment, but we can still pray together. You will find this morning's liturgy by following the link below to the Video Resource Centre and looking in the 'Gospel Assemblies' section.
2. We are continuing to look at the book - Into The Forest by Anthony Browne. Complete the next English lesson by following the link below.
3. We are still working on multiplication this week. Today we are going to be looking at Bar Models. Complete the Bar Model Maths lesson, including the intro quiz and the exit quiz, also try the worksheets if you can, just click on the link below.
4. We are starting a new Science topic today called - Light and Dark. Complete the first lesson by following the link below. Don't forget to try the quiz at the end to see what you have learnt.
5. We are starting our new PE unit in Dance this week. Join in with the PE lesson by following the link below.
Year 3 - Tuesday 12th January
1. Complete the next English lesson by following the link below.
2. Complete the Maths lesson, including the intro quiz and the exit quiz, also try the worksheets if you can, just click on the link below.
3. Complete the Music lesson - Pulse and Metre - Exploring 4 beats in a bar. Just click the link.
4. French - Click on the link below to visit the Bitesize website to learn how to introduce yourself in French.
5. If you didn't get chance yesterday have a go at the Dance lesson. Click on the Dance link below
Year 3 - Wednesday 13th January
1. We are starting a new topic in English focussing on grammar. We will be looking at expanded noun phrases. Complete the English lesson by following the link below.
2. Complete the Maths lesson, including the intro and the exit quiz. The topic today is using the inverse operation to find missing numbers.
3. Work through the RE Powerpoint to explore how the Shepherds reacted to the news of Christ's Birth and choose one of the written tasks to complete in your exercise book.
4. We are starting a new PSHE topic called 'Eat well, live well'. Complete lesson 1 by watching the video below and creating a prompt to remind your family of the importance of a balanced lifestyle.
Year 3 - Thursday 14th January
1. We will be looking at 'being' verbs today. Complete the English lesson by following the link below.
2. Complete the Maths lesson, including the intro and the exit quiz. The topic today is - Recalling multiplication and division facts.
3. Use the Powerpoint to complete today's RE lesson - To understand that the crib helps Christians to remember the presence of Jesus in the world. Draw a crib scene and write a crib prayer.
4. Login to Purple Mash and complete the Reading 2Do and Spelling 2Do you have been set for this week. Your login details should be in the front of your planner.
5. If you get chance have a look at the Year 3 PE page and look at the PE challenges Mr Davies has given us. There is a quick link to it below.
Year 3 – Friday 15th January
- Complete the English lesson ‘to explore simple sentences' by following the link below.
- Complete the Maths lesson, including the intro quiz and the exit quiz. The topic today is using factors and products to solve division problems.
- This week in history we are starting a new topic called Prehistoric Britain. It will build on some of the learning we did last term about prehistoric Britain. We will look in more detail at the Stone Age and the different periods within it and move on to look at the Bronze Age and Iron Age too! The first lesson topic is: How do we know about Prehistoric Britain?
- We are starting a new computing topic about coding. Follow the link below to find out more about what an Algorithm is. Log on to purple mash to complete the computing tasks set. Have a go at Fun with Fish and the Bubbles activity to practice inputting different instructions. Remember to save your completed work.