Thursday 28th January
Good Morning Nursery. It was lovely to see and talk to some of you yesterday via Google Classroom.
Today we are continuing our learning in RE of Baptism.
- Can you watch this video to remind you of what happens in a Baptismal service?
2. What happens when a baby is Baptised, what is poured over her head? What is the baby being welcomed into? Can you remember what special building the service is taking place in? Who is leading the service?
3. would like you to recreate a Baptism with a doll/teddy bear? Go on a treasure hunt around the house to find the items needed for a Baptism. Find something white in your house to use as a white garment for the baby. Then find a small bowl to hold the water. Make or find a candle to represent the Baptismal candle. Make sure you have enough teddies/dolls etc to be the people that would be at your Baptism; Priest, parents, Godparents. Can you remember what the priest says? ‘I Baptise you in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holy spirit Amen….’ See if you can use this phrase when pretending to be the Priest.
4. We are going to end our learning with some maths fun! Can you go on a shape hunt around your house and find things that are rectangles, circles, squares and triangles? Use the sheet to help you.
5. Can you play this shape monster game? I want you to match the shape to the correct monsters, see if you can use the correct shape name too!