In our English lessons we will be focusing on fiction. We will be writing a journey tale about a nocturnal animal trying to find a safe way to cross the road based on our model text.
We are continuing to learn how to organise our work into paragraphs and adverbials in our writing.
Our Quality Text
In Guided Reading, we are studying the book 'The Sheep Pig' by Dick King Smith We will be looking at characters and themes in the book but also answering comprehension questions using our VIPERS scheme.
Fifteen weekly spellings are given to the children on a Tuesday. These are glued into their planners so they can practise them at home as part of their homework. There is a spelling test each Tuesday. Children are encouraged to learning all spellings. These include repeated practice of the Year 3 & 4 statutory spellings.
In our maths lessons this half term we are learning about:
- Multiplication and Division
- Quick recall of the 3, 4 and 8 & 9 times-tables (as well as the 2, 5, and 10 times-tables the children have already learned in Year 1 and 2)
In RE we will be learning the following units:
Unit D - Christmas
Unit B - Reconciliation
This half term we will learning about Light
The children will be learning the following:
- To recognise that we need light in order to see things.
- To notice that light is reflected from surfaces.
- To recognise that light from the sun can be dangerous.
- To recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked.
- To find patterns in the way the size of shadows change.
- To find out about a scientists life. (Thomas Edison)
This half term the children will continue to learn about the stone age, iron age and bronze age
They will learn about -
Stone Age artefacts.
Life in a Neolithic settlement.
How farming changes the way people lived.
How the Bronze Age changed the way humans lived
Who the Celts were and why did they use iron
In our Computing lessons this half term we will be covering the following:
- Online Safety
- Touch Typing
- Email (including email safety)
In Our RSHE lessons we will be following the 'Ten Ten' programme of study. We will be completing Module 1, Unit 3 : Emotional Well-Being